The importance of code signing has gradually increased in the past few years due to the corresponding increase in the number of malicious threats of malware and viruses on computer codes, software, scripts, and other content. The process of code signing helps verify the identity of the author of the software and ensures that the code has not be tampered or altered by anybody after being signed by the original author.
Users of Google, Mozilla, and Microsoft easily download software that is developed by established brands of software developers. However, at times, some software download is blocked by Microsoft SmartScreen. This is especially true for the smaller brands and newer developers and in situations when a standard and simple code signing certificate is not enough. This is where Extended Validation comes in.
Sectigo, previously known as Comodo CA, is one of the most trusted names for SSL/ TLS and other digital certificates. A Sectigo certified Extended Validation code can not only strengthen the reputation of your software with a digital signature but also enhances its reputation major filters like MicrosftSmartScreen.
1 Year for $329.00/yr
2 Year for $285.00/yr
3 Year for $263.33/yr
By Multiple Years
To initiate the process of EV Code signing, you must ensure the set up of SafeNet in your Windows computer after installation of Windows Development Kit.
You should follow these steps to install EV Code Signing:
1. Plug in your smart card.
2. Open SafeNet Client application.
3. Enter the command for adding the timestamp.
4. Once the command is entered, enter your password.
5. The application will get signed and your software is now ready to be distributed to your end-users.
Sectigo EV Code Signing certificate is the best way to enhance distribution of your software, increase its ratings with Microsoft SmartScreen, and reduce download hassles for the end-users of the software.
We are listing some of the major benefits of Sectigo EV Code signing certification:
1. Better browser compatibility: Sectigo Extended Validation code signing certificates can sign software for almost all the major technology platforms. Some of these platforms are Microsoft Authenticode, Microsoft Office & Microsoft VBA, Microsoft Kennel Mode Signing, Adobe AIR, Mozilla Objects, and Java, etc.
2. Protection of consumer’s interests: Sectigo EV Code Signing certificates ensure that your consumers can verify that the software and its code is authentic and has not been tampered with. In the long run, this protects your hardware and software from malicious threats of malware and viruses.
3. Easy certificate installation: By using Sectigo code signing you can remove the hassles of SSL CSR creation and SSL certificate installation ensuring that the process becomes simple and easy to execute.
4. Enjoy better brand image: Your end consumers expect the software download process to be easy and hassle-free. They get disengaged due to the multiple warning messages that pop-up at the time of the download and shift to your competitors. Sectigo EV code signing ensures that these warning messages are done away with. This ensures that your consumers perceive you as a reliable and credible brand resulting in customer loyalty and profitability in the long run.
5. Cheap Sectigo EV Code Signing: Sectigo EV code signing certificate is the most economical option available in the market today. While the price is less, the benefits of using this cannot be underscored.