Exporting Your Code Signing Certificate as a PFX File in Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, on the Content tab, click Certificates.
- In the Certificates window, on the Personal tab, select your code signing certificate and then, click Export.
- In the Certificate Export Wizard, on the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the Export Private Key page, select Yes, export private key and then, click Next.
- On the Export File Format page, select Personal Information Exchange – PKCS #12 (.PFX), check Include all certificates in the certification path if possible, and then, click Next.
- On the Security page, check Password. Then, in the Password and Confirm password boxes, type your password, and then click Next.
- On the File to Export page, click Browse, go to where you want to save your code signing certificate (w/private key) .pfx file, provide a file name (i.e. myCodeSigningCertificate), click Save, and then, click Next. Make sure to save the .pfx file in a location that you will remember and to which you have permissions. Note: A .pfx file uses the same format as a .p12 or PKCS12 file.
- On the Completing the Certificate Export Wizard page, review the settings and then, click Finish.
When you receive “The export was successful” message, click OK. Your code signing certificate should now be available in the destination directory you selected in the last step of the wizard as a .pfx file.
Buy Sectigo Code Signing Certificate at Only $59/yr