We appreciate you coming to this page to know the exact process for ordering a code signing certificate. We appreciate you considering it as a mandatory trust factor and being aware of those pesky warning messages who keep the users away from your websites.
Code signing certificates enable digital signature on your software and applications. This certificate is a must. To prevent any kind of security threats, get a code signing certificate that helps you create trust and authenticity among users that the software is trusted and is not tampered with since its signing.
Getting a code signing certificate needs a process that contains steps to be followed. The article explains the steps you need to take while completing the process. So let us head over to the details
The process is kept easy and simple. There are three stages.
1. Log in to your XYZ Company Account.
2. Select the Document, Code, & E-Mail Signing tab.
3. Select the code signing certificate that you wish to order. Press Next.
4. Product Details Page: Select the validity period for your certificate. Press Next.
5. Certificate Identity Details Page: Fill in the information to be published on your certificate:
6. Enter your Pickup Password. Copy the Pickup Password to a safe location.
Note: This password cannot be reset. You will be unable to retrieve your certificate without this password and the order will need to be canceled and replaced.
7. Check the box acknowledging that you have saved your pick-up password and click Next.
8. Vetting Info Page: Enter your corporation details for the vetting process on the next screen. You have the option to specify different individuals as the Requestor, Approver, and Signer.
9. Payment Details Page: Here you can enter your credit card details. If you wish to pay using an alternate method, select the link to Show Advanced Payment Options and select your desired option. Press Next.
10. Confirm Details Page: Review and confirm the details of your order, read and agree to the subscriber agreement, then press Next.
11. Order Completed:
12. A vetting agent will contact you to verify the details of your order. This process will most likely require you to submit some information to XYZ Company
Since we are discussing the order process for a code signing certificate, let us have a glance over the process of ordering one of the most common certificates in demand.
1. Log into your Company's Account
2. Select the Document, Code, and E-mail signing tab
3. Choose Extended Validation under the Code Signing Certificate option. Press Next
4. Product Details Page: Go to this page and select the validity period for your certificate. Press Next
5. Certificate Identity Details Page: Fill in the proper information that needs to be published on your certificate
6. Enter your pickup password. Copy the pickup password to a safe location
7. Check the box that acknowledges saving your pick up a password and click Next
8. Vetting Info Page: Enter your corporation details for the vetting procedure on the next coming screen. Choose one out of the options for different kinds of individuals like Requestor, Approver, and Signer
9. Payment Detail Page is the page where you can enter your credit card details. If you want to pay by using the alternate method, select the link to show the advanced payment options and select your desired option. Press Next
10. Confirm Details Page: Review and confirm the details of your order. Read and agree to the subscriber agreement and then press Next.
11. Once the order is completed, the vetting gent comes to verify the details of your order. This process will most likely need to submit some crucial information to the XYZ Company.